About Kimberley Shilson, MA, CCC, C. Psychological Associate
While InsideOut has existed as a private entity for three years, I have been providing clinical services for 25 years. I have worked in Canada and the US with children's mental health agencies, adult mental health programs, and within the VAW (violence against women) sector. During this time I developed and piloted a violence prevention curriculum for middle school students (Atlanta, GA), created a group program for mothers and children living with/fleeing domestic violence, developed clinical training programs, and provided supervision and consultation for many treatment teams. In 2010, I wrote a therapeutic storybook about the impact of trauma on the child's developing brain (Benjee and His Brain).
For the last 15 years, I have focused on trauma treatment and clinical consultation. Through Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training, I have enhanced my understanding of the mind-body connection in the treatment of attachment-based and trauma-related concerns. Mindfulness practices have become an intregal component of my work with trauma over the past 5 years.
In addition to keeping private practice hours three days a week, I provide clinical supervision and consultation. I currently offer trauma treatment for clients referred by the Victim Quick Response Program (VQRS) and BOOST's ICE (Internet Child Exploitation) Program, coordination and teaching assistance for the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute (SPI), teach online courses (Fanshawe College), and I provide brief therapy to students and staff at the Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries.
- MA Counselling Psychology (Adler School of Professional Psychology)
- BSc Psychology, and Women's Studies (University of Toronto)
Regulatory Bodies and Affiliations
- Psychological Associate (College of Psychologists of Ontario)
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISST-D) member
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) member
- MA in Counselling Psychology (Adler School of Professional Psychology, 1997)
- BSc Psychology & Women's Studies (University of Toronto, 1992)
Additional Intensive Training
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Levels 1 and 2)
- Trauma and dissociation
- Trauma and neurobiology
- Working with survivors of child sexual abuse
- Youth and affect regulation